Liverpool have reportedly made the shock decision to enter the market for Frenkie de Jong.
Jurgen Klopp has repeatedly stressed that he would like a new midfielder and it is claimed that the Reds have offered Barcelona £53m plus £7m in add-ons.
Liverpool have been beset by midfield injuries so far this season and Barca are known to want to get De Jong’s wages off their books.
Meanwhile Newcastle are set to make a huge statement with the £63m signing of Alexander Isak.
It remains to be seen what this means for their pursuit of Watford’s Joao Pedro.
And Real Madrid are reportedly preparing a bid for Borussia Dortmund midfielder Jude Bellingham next summer, and they’re going to use the cash generated from the sale of Casemiro.
The Brazilian was sold to Man Utd for £60m with £10m in add-ons, and Real are said to be wanting to use that to buy Bellingham.
We also have all the latest on Cristiano Ronaldo’s future.
Casemiro has revealed he’s the “happiest man alive after joining England’s biggest team”- who he vowed to win trophies with.
The Brazilian completed a blockbuster £70million move from Real Madrid to Old Trafford this week.
When asked how he’s feeling since swapping Real for United, Casemiro buzzed: “Well, firstly, many thanks. There’s no doubt I’m really excited.
“I’ve been very warmly welcomed. I’ve already felt that special affection from everyone towards me and of course that’s really important. I felt that great affection from the moment I arrived and I think it’s a new challenge.
“I’m absolutely delighted. I feel like I’m 20 or 18 years of age, I’m raring to go, I’m excited to be amongst my teammates, playing in the stadium and I think that it’s just huge excitement and I’m absolutely delighted.”
- United to launch Asensio bidMan Utd are set to make a £25million bid for Marco Asensio.Relevo claims the Real Madrid winger has emerged as a late target for Erik ten Hag.The Dutchman wants a left-footer on the right side of his front three.And Asensio is on his shortlist after Ajax demanded a whopping £80million for first-choice target Antony.
- Pavard rejects Old Trafford switchBenjamin Pavard has rejected a move to Manchester United.L’Equipe report that the French international has decided to stay at Bayern Munich for another season.Pavard looked set to exit the Allianz Arena earlier in the summer, but has u-turned following talks with the Bundesliga giants.United are understood to have made an offer for the defender earlier this week, but the 26-year-old had already settled on staying in Bavaria.
- Pino pines for Arsenal moveYeremi Pino would love a move to Arsenal and the Premier League.That’s the understanding of transfers expert Dean Jones, who reports that the Villarreal teenager has again been attracting attention from the Gunners.Jones told The Football Terrace YouTube channel: “[Arsenal] are still on the case of Yeremi Pino, who scored in a win at the weekend for Villarreal.“He’s going to continue to play for his club as normal, but I’m told he is very much open to a transfer like this and would be excited to join Arsenal.”Mikel Arteta has long been an admirer of the Spanish international, but a permanent deal for the winger is not without its complications.Pino still has five years to run on his current contract with the Yellow Submarine, although it does include a release fee in the region of £67m.
- United cool interest on CodyManchester United are closing in on Ajax’s Antony – but are unlikely to pursue another target from the Eridivisie.The Red Devils were said to be seriously considering a swoop for Cody Gakpo, a move that seemed even likelier following PSV Eindhoven’s Champions League exit last night.However, the Athletic report this afternoon that United’s interest in the Dutch international has now cooled while the Anthony deal progresses.It was previously thought that the Premier League giants were preparing to table a £25m bid for Gakpo this week.
- Gordon talks at ‘high level’Chelsea are said to be in ‘high level talks’ with Everton over the signing of Anthony Gordon, according to Sky Sports News.They report that the Blues are pushing ahead in their attempts to land the 21-year-old.An offer of £60m is understood to be on the table for the England U21 forward.Gordon has yet to score this season from seven shots on target.
- No Arsenal offer for PaquetaArsenal will NOT be making a last-ditch attempt to sign Lucas Paqueta from under the noses of West Ham.The Hammers had an initial £37m bid for the Brazilian playmaker rejected by Lyon earlier today.The news led to speculation that the Gunners could revisit their interest in the 24-year-old, having been strongly linked with him earlier in the year.However, the Express states that the Emirates outfit are no longer pursuing the player, leaving their London rivals in pole position should they wish to make an improved offer.
- Keeper Dubravka nearing loan switchManchester United’s move for Newcastle goalkeeper Martin Dubravka is understood to be a loan with an option to buy.Fabrizio Romano reports that the Red Devils have asked the St James’ Park club to take the Slovakian stopper for an initial 12 months to act as back-up for David de Gea.United also want to include a clause to make the move permanent next year for a fee of £5m.The Magpies are now deciding whether to accept the proposal.
- Everton begin chase for CheEverton want to bring in a forward before the transfer window closes, and have identified Southampton’s Che Adams as their primary target.That’s according to Sky Sports News, who report that the Toffees are considering making a £25m bid for the Scotland international.The former Birmingham striker netted his first Premier League goals since February when bagging a brace off the bench at Leicester on Saturday.
- Hudson-Odoi nearing Leverkusen loanCallum Hudson-Odoi is closing in on a loan switch to Bayer Leverkusen.According to Sky Sports News, the deal could be completed by the weekend.The 21-year-old has had several suitors from the Premier League and abroad, but has settled on a move to the Bundesliga club.It remains to be seen whether the winger’s loan to the BayArena is a sweetener for a transfer that takes Edmond Tapsoba in the opposite direction.
- Transfer watch: Harrison to Newcastle?Leeds United have reportedly told Newcastle to cough up £35m if they want to sign winger Jack Harrison.However, after the start that the 25-year-old has made to this season, the Whites may revaluate their asking price.Harrison has registered an assist in all three of Leeds’ Premier League games so far with Jesse Marsch’s side unbeaten.The Toon Army have had two bids for Harrison rejected this summer, the last understood to be £25m.
- United move for Madrid’s MarcoManchester United are to make €30m bid for Real Madrid’s Marco Asensio, according to reports in Spain.Relevo understand that the Red Devils will submit an official offer for the 26-year-old forward in the coming days.Old Trafford officials are keen on the Spanish international, who supposedly was mentioned during the club’s negotiations with Real for Casemiro.It is believed that Asensio would be open to the move although whether the LaLiga giants would sanction it remains to be seen.Los Blancos boss Carlo Ancelotti is said to see the player as a part of his long-term plans at the Bernabeu.
- Italians Inter Blues defender ChalobahInter Milan are leading the race to sign Chelsea defender Trevoh Chalobah on loan for the season.However, the Nerazzurri do face competition from city rivals AC, as well as Bundesliga outfit RB Leipzig.The 23-year-old has indicated a willingness to move to Inter with Gazzetta dello Sport reporting of talks between the two clubs on Wednesday evening.The Blues are understood to want a loan fee of €3m for the youngster.
- Auba waves goodbye to BarcaSpeculation regarding Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s move to Chelsea is raging this morning after the forward appeared to say goodbye to Barcelona.The former Arsenal captain started and scored in Barca’s friendly with Manchester City on Wednesday evening.And when he was substituted early in the second half, the Gabonese international waved to fans at the Nou Camp.So far, Chelsea have been unable to agree a fee with the LaLiga giants for the 33-year-old, but reports suggest they are preparing one final offer.
- Boro swoop for Seagull ClarkeMatt Clarke has this morning joined Middlesbrough from Brighton permanently for an undisclosed fee.The 25-year-old centre-back moved to the Seagulls from Portsmouth in 2019 for £3m.However, he failed to make a first team appearance during his time at the Amex Stadium, instead spending significant time out on loan at Derby and West Brom.During his temporary time at Pride Park, Clarke was voted the Rams’ Player of the Year for 2019-20.
- Antony’s fine time at AjaxManchester United target Antony is being fined €50k by Ajax for every day he doesn’t turn up to training, according to Dutch journalist Gerjan Hamstelaar.The Brazilian winger had stayed away from his club earlier this week in order to push through his move to Old Trafford.However, after learning of the financial punishment, the 22-year-old reported for duty yesterday afternoon.United are expected to submit a new offer for Antony before the weekend, believed to be in the region of £80m.
- Breaking: Stoke sack O’NeillChampionship club Stoke City have sacked manager Michael O’Neill.The Potters have won only one of their opening five league games, and sit just one place outside of the relegation zone.The 53-year-old joined the Staffordshire outfit in 2019, having impressed previously with Northern Ireland.However, O’Neill has failed to lead Stoke to a top half finish during his two seasons at the Bet365 Stadium.
- Taps on? Another target emergesChelsea have held internal talks about making a move for Bayer Leverkusen’s Edmond Tapsoba.Stamford Bridge officials have begun discussing alternative centre-backs if their swoop for Wesley Fofana fails to materialise.And Sky Sports Germany understand that the 23-year-old Burkina Faso international is top of the Blues’ secondary shortlist.The six foot four defender moved to Leverkusen in 2020 for a fee in the region of €18m plus add ons.
- Youri too expensive, say ArsenalArsenal remain interested in Youri Tielemans, but have serious reservations about paying Leicester City’s asking price.The Foxes are understood to want in the region of £35m for the Belgian midfielder.However, according to The Athletic, the Gunners believe that is too high a fee for a player who is out of contract in 11 months.And if the Londoners are unable to get Leicester to lower their valuation significantly, then they are prepared to wait to land the 25-year-old on a free transfer in 2023.Tielemans joined Leicester from Monaco in 2019 for £32m.
- Hammers blow! Lyon reject Lucas offerLyon have this morning rejected West Ham’s €40m bid for Brazilian star Lucas Paqueta.However, Sky Sports’ Dharmesh Sheth understands that the Hammers are prepared to return to the table with an improved offer for the 24-year-old.Talks are set to continue between the two clubs with a week of the transfer window remaining.Paqueta was heavily linked with both Newcastle and Arsenal earlier this year.
- De Jong transfer takes twistBored of the Frenkie de Jong transfer saga yet? Well, here’s something that we’ve not heard during these past three months.Futbol Total are reporting that Liverpool have now made an offer for the Dutch midfielder.It seems highly unlikely, but the defeat at Manchester United on Monday did highlight just how short Jurgen Klopp’s team currently are in midfield.However, other media outlets in Spain believe that De Jong will remain at Barcelona this season.
- Trapp rejects ‘world top club’Manchester United’s pursuit of goalkeeper Kevin Trapp did not last long on this Thursday.No sooner had their interest been publicly confirmed, the Eintracht Frankfurt number one shut down the transfer talk.According to Fabrizio Romano, the 32-year-old wishes to stay with his club in the Bundesliga.Trapp is quoted as saying: “I received a written proposal from Manchester United – world top club.“Yesterday, I informed those responsible at both clubs that I had decided stay at Eintracht Frankfurt.”
- A Nice move for NicNicolas Pepe will complete his medical at Nice today ahead of a loan move to the Ligue 1 club.Arsenal’s record signing will draw a line under three underwhelming years at the Emirates as he returns to France for the season.The 27-year-old previously starred with Lille, scoring 37 goals in 79 appearances, earning him his £72m switch to the Gunners.However, Pepe has failed to replicate such form during his time in England.The winger has two years remaining on his current deal with Arsenal.
- Chelsea want permanent Ziyech saleChelsea and Ajax have been locked in discussions this week regarding the return of Hakim Ziyech to the Dutch champions.However, talks are understood to have hit a stumbling block with the Blues only interested in the permanent departure of the Moroccan star.And currently the Amsterdam club believe that Chelsea’s asking price is too high for the 29-year-old.Dutch journalist Gerjan Hamstelaar reports that Ajax are prepared to look elsewhere if the Premier League outfit fail to lower their valuation.Ziyech scored 49 goals and registered 81 assists in 165 appearances for the Eredivisie giants between 2016 and 2020.
- : United closing in on keeperManchester United are close to bringing in an experienced goalkeeper to act as an understudy to David de Gea. Reports yesterday revealed that the Red Devils had been in serious talks with Newcastle over a move for Martin Dubravka. The 33-year-old Slovakian stopper was left out of Eddie Howe’s squad for Wednesday’s Carabao Cup tie at Tranmere. However, United have also shown an interest in Eintracht Frankfurt’s Kevin Trapp. And German outlet Sport1 insist that the 32-year-old keeper has been personally recommended to Erik ten Hag’s men by Sir Alex Ferguson.
For more news click thebritaintimes.co.uk